The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers from other bloggers to welcome newbies to the blogosphere. It’s a way to not only recognize and promote new blogs, but to facilitate bloggers getting to know each other in the blogging community.
Thank you, Elle, for nominating me for the Liebster Award (which I had to look up since I’d never heard of it before). It is a great way to get newbie bloggers like me in circulation and to connect with other bloggers. Credit goes to dramabeans, the site that brought many of us together and continues to serve as a kdrama community.
Here are my answers to Elle’s 11 questions.
- Why did you start blogging? Initially, this was a place to display my Korean inspired art. It has evolved to include combining my love of writing and Korean entertainment and the thoughts that spill over when they collide.
- How did you come up with your blog’s name? My blog name is my nickname, Cimi, plus my focus, art: cimiart. I also made Korean entertainment the parameters for my art, so mostly it includes K-pop and K-drama inspired drawings.
- What have you found the most challenging about blogging? Time and interesting things to blog about are the most challenging aspects. Oh, and formatting – my earlier posts are a mess – but long story short, I hooked up with a super beanie who provides incredible formatting help. Also, getting an audience to my blog and vise versa is a challenge, although the Blood recaps have produced incredibly shocking results. Fitting in time to draw now that I am recapping is something I would like to do a better job at balancing.
- What was the first Korean drama you ever watched and how did you discover it? I always say my first Korean drama was Pasta, but the more I think about it, I wonder if it wasn’t Coffee House. Anyhoot, those two came first back in 2012, and I’ve watched them multiple times. It took a while for me to realize there were scads of kdramas and it was a huge thing, the Korean wave as it is called, and I kind of felt deprived for not having known about it sooner. Actually, my brother first discovered kdramas and we watched the first two together, but I have long since left him in the dust. The other memorable first in kdramas is Faith, which was the first time I stumbled upon dramabeans and joined in the discussion. I was sucked into the proverbial black hole of watching, reading recaps, discussing, rewatching, and mulling over, and over and over…
- What is your all-time favorite song from a K-drama OST? The OST isn’t really that important to me, I did like Milk Tea in Love Rain, it was a cute little song. I often wake up with a tune playing in my head and it takes me a really long time to place where it is from – usually a kdrama. I find the American songs in kdramas curious, too. Because of your question, I will probably start paying more attention to OSTs.
- If you were stuck on a deserted island with only two K-dramas to watch (in perpetuity), which dramas would you choose? Why? I never grow tired of Coffee Prince, there are so many tropes in it that make kdramas what they are. Same goes for City Hunter and Personal Taste, both Lee Min Ho kdramas. I’d be content with these on my deserted island.
- Name your top three favorite second leads from a K-drama. Seo Kang Joon (Cunning Single Lady); Yoo Yeon Seok (Chilbongi in Reply 1994); Kim Ji Hoon (Flower Boys Next Door) for the way he anonymously watched over Dok Mi, even though I am a huge Enrique (Yoon Si Yoon) fan! btw, isn’t he getting out of the Army soon?? I could go on, Jeremy in You’re Beautiful; Woo Bin in Heirs. There’s a reason why it’s called second lead syndrome.
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you? Maybe how many places I’ve lived.
- What is your favorite word? mountain ~ for the many beautiful images it conjures up, for my preferred destination, for directional location that provides stability and footing in life~ 산
- Coffee or tea? Coffee. Always and forever. Lots of it. No flavors.
- What inspires you? Colors in nature, the big questions in life, the small things that often go unnoticed.
The rules for the award are pretty simple. As a nominee, you must:
- Thank and link back to your nominator.
- Answer 11 questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
- Let your nominees know that you have nominated them via social media/blogs
- Hanguk Babble at https://jreidy17.wordpress.com/
- Zazookutty on DeviantArt
I’ll nominate more later after I track them down.
My 11 questions:
- Name two things that you absolutely love about kdramas.
- Name one thing that you absolutely hate about kdramas.
- What is one of your favorite books? Why?
- If you could visit Korea, name three things you would like to see or places you would like to visit.
- Is there a food you eat now because of kdramas?
- Do you have any obsessions?
- Other than kdramas, what else Korean do you watch/listen to?
- Because of kdramas, I (finish the sentence)
- Have you incorporated Korean words into your vocabulary? If so, which ones?
- Night owl or morning person?
- What kdrama genre(s) do you prefer?